New Members Introducion Thread

A social network for the scuba diving community in Taiwan to unite.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Taiwan Dive Sites » Dive Buddies » New Members Introducion Thread

New Members Introducion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Members Introducion Thread on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:09 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
It's always good meeting new dive buddies to share in the passion for diving. With that in mind, get off to a good start by introducing yourself.

If you are an existing member, make sure to welcome your new buddies to the community once they've introduced themselves.

Make the most of the forum through sharing.

http://www.taiwandivesites.com

2 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:31 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
To get the ball rolling, I will introduce myself.

I'm from the United States. As of 2015, I've been living in Taiwan for over 15 years.

I enjoy scuba diving in the Philippines since it is so exceptional and close to Taiwan. I'm an English Teacher, so in the summertime and wintertime, I can find time to go abroad and discover new dive sites.

Whenever I get the chance, I try to dive here locally. My favorite destination in Taiwan is Green Island.

As the founder of Taiwan Dive Sites, I hope this forum can be a source for improving your enthusiasm for diving.

Enjoy!!

3 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:52 am

Kiriuga

Joe wrote:It's always good meeting new dive buddies to share in the passion for diving. With that in mind, get off to a good start by introducing yourself.

If you are an existing member, make sure to welcome your new buddies to the community once they've introduced themselves.

Make the most of the forum through sharing.

http://www.letsbeef.1talk.net

4 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:54 am

Kiriuga

lol error in quote... well i'm a rapper and i welcome my self lol.

http://www.letsbeef.1talk.net

5 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:12 am

Joe

Admin
Admin
Kiriuga wrote:lol error in quote... well i'm a rapper and i welcome my self lol.

Hey Kiriuga. Your the first member. Congrats. I've yet to announce the forum publicly as I am still in the CP constructing it.

Thanks for the tip on the galley issue. I'm still surprised the graphics designer who made the skin didn't include an upload image in the template design.

Thanks for registering Very Happy

6 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:53 pm

852caron

Hi everyone, my name is Caron and I am a diver from Hong Kong, I do visit and dive in Taiwan quite often, almost there 1-2 times annually. My favorite sites are Kenting and Green Island. Nice to meet u all! Cheers.

7 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:56 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
852caron wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Caron and I am a diver from Hong Kong, I do visit and dive in Taiwan quite often, almost there 1-2 times annually. My favorite sites are Kenting and Green Island. Nice to meet u all! Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Carson.

Last time I dove Green Island I met two divers from Hong Kong. It was the end of June beginning of July this year (2015).

8 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:39 am

852caron

Joe wrote:
852caron wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Caron and I am a diver from Hong Kong, I do visit and dive in Taiwan quite often, almost there 1-2 times annually. My favorite sites are Kenting and Green Island. Nice to meet u all! Cheers.

Welcome to the forum Carson.

Last time I dove Green Island I met two divers from Hong Kong. It was the end of June beginning of July this year (2015).

yes, nowadays more and more divers from Hong Kong go to underwater in Taiwan..... yes, it's very common to see Hong kong divers all around in Taiwan, however, we are not good at shore dives.... what a shame...

9 Greetings from TPE on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:17 pm

currier

Having finally had the chance to give the site a look, I thought the best way to support such an ambitious project would be to become a registered member.

Greetings all, my name is Chad (another? lol) So as not to become confused with the other, I‘m currently in TPE, my home now for nearly nine years.

I was first certified in TW in 2009, and have been actively diving here since. I guess my all-time favourite sites are down on Green Island, but I thoroughly enjoy the north, too, so not much arm twisting is ever required to get me out diving locally 12 months a year.

For those of you who already know me, I dive solo more often than not. For those of you I‘ve not yet met, I‘m interested in developing new buddy groups that value a strong team mindset.

10 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
currier wrote:Having finally had the chance to give the site a look, I thought the best way to support such an ambitious project would be to become a registered member.

Greetings all, my name is Chad (another? lol) So as not to become confused with the other, I‘m currently in TPE, my home now for nearly nine years.

I was first certified in TW in 2009, and have been actively diving here since. I guess my all-time favourite sites are down on Green Island, but I thoroughly enjoy the north, too, so not much arm twisting is ever required to get me out diving locally 12 months a year.

For those of you who already know me, I dive solo more often than not. For those of you I‘ve not yet met, I‘m interested in developing new buddy groups that value a strong team mindset.

Welcome Chad.

Good to see we have a senior Taiwan Diver joining the forum. Appreciate all your praises. If more people think the way you do, this forum will be active with discussion.

Right now it is serving one of it's primary purposes. There are many people browsing as guests every day from all over the world. They are viewing the "Dive Plans" sub forum. I presume gathering info on the dive center listings. They are also making use of the dive site map. Unfortunately they are not registering and providing feed back yet.

What we need are more local divers like yourself registering and sharing insight so we local divers can increase our awareness here.

I'm adding dive sites to the map soon and the focus now is the north. If you have any feedback. it would be very welcome.

Look forward to chatting scuba with you. Perhaps we will dive together in the not too distant future.

11 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:19 pm

Jake S

Hello,

My name is Jake. I'm from the United States. I've been living in Taiwan for nearly 4 years now. I originally received my open water certification in 2009, but have been unable to log anymore dives past the original 5 I did during certification. I hope to get some more dives under my belt so that I can hopefully join some of you on dives.

- Jake

12 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
Jake S wrote:Hello,

My name is Jake. I'm from the United States. I've been living in Taiwan for nearly 4 years now. I originally received my open water certification in 2009, but have been unable to log anymore dives past the original 5 I did during certification. I hope to get some more dives under my belt so that I can hopefully join some of you on dives.

- Jake

Hi Jake.

What are you waiting for? There is plenty of decent diving here. As Nike says, "Just do it". Lol. You only live once.

13 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Jake S

I plan on doing some more dives in Cozumel when I'm home this summer. I'd love to go down to Kenting and give some of the spots on the dive map a try, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to be solo diving just yet. Do you typically do these dives solo?

- Jake

14 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:08 am

Joe

Admin
Admin
Jake S wrote:I plan on doing some more dives in Cozumel when I'm home this summer. I'd love to go down to Kenting and give some of the spots on the dive map a try, but I don't think I'm experienced enough to be solo diving just yet. Do you typically do these dives solo?

- Jake

Hi Jake. Welcome to the forum.

I have friends in Kenting that dive there regularly. I dive on Green Island regularly since I live in Hualien. As for solo diving, I wouldn't recommend it. With that being said, I have a friend who dives solo. I noticed he does novice dive sites at shallow depths when he does. Of course he has close to 2000 dives logged.

It's funny you mention Cozumel. I snorkeled there in the early 90's. Wish I had taken up diving then.

15 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:46 pm

currier

Jake, very few divers in TW dive solo, and those that do have enough experience, training, and gear to mitigate the risks. Divers really should have hundreds of dives and a very specific mindset before they consider doing this - if ever.

You should hook up with a few local divers, a ‘club‘ from the city, or just drop into a reputable shop to get your feet wet again.

16 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:59 am

Jake S

Yeah, I don't have any plans to do solo diving. Do you know if any of the locations on the dive site map are suitable for snorkeling?

Thank you

17 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:07 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
Jake S wrote:Yeah, I don't have any plans to do solo diving. Do you know if any of the locations on the dive site map are suitable for snorkeling?

Thank you

You'll see crowds of snorkeling tourists on rope lines with life preservers attached. They usually go to Shih-Lang or Chaikou.

This time of year Chaikou will likely be poor conditions due to the Northeast Monsoon. Shih-Lang is mostly good all year round.

18 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Richard Boone

Hello I am Richard from the Netherlands, a PADI SMDT. I have been diving since 1989. Since 1998 I have visited Taiwan annually and of course have been diving there. I will be there again this summer and am open for suggestions and dive buddies.

19 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
Richard Boone wrote:Hello I am Richard from the Netherlands, a PADI SMDT. I have been diving since 1989. Since 1998 I have visited Taiwan annually and of course have been diving there. I will be there again this summer and am open for suggestions and dive buddies.

Welcome to the forum Richard.

I update the Taiwan Dive Plans forum with announcements when we or others are planing group trips to Green Island etc.

When you are here and considering a dive trip, you can start a thread of your own in the same forum and field other people who might be interested in arranging a group together.

As you know, it can be more affordable when diving in groups. Not to mention you can benefit from having relationships with local divers.

20 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:10 pm

perceval

Hello Joe,

perceval's the user name, but I'm JF... been in Hualien for 14 years now.  We've crossed paths, but unfortunately, not that often.

Long time diver, but since I've moved to Taiwan, only went once to Ko Tao to do some group thing diving, which was a total mess... although I loved the  Chumphon Pinnacle.

Last week, went to Shitiping with Ty and we just swam around... but it reminded me how I missed diving.  Water was not clear, but it was fun anyway.

So, even though my main sport has been surfing lately, I think there will be some time when I'd love to be diving.  

Got all my gear here, just need the right time, place and people to go!

Hope to see you around!

21 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
perceval wrote:Hello Joe,

perceval's the user name, but I'm JF... been in Hualien for 14 years now.  We've crossed paths, but unfortunately, not that often.

Long time diver, but since I've moved to Taiwan, only went once to Ko Tao to do some group thing diving, which was a total mess... although I loved the  Chumphon Pinnacle.

Last week, went to Shitiping with Ty and we just swam around... but it reminded me how I missed diving.  Water was not clear, but it was fun anyway.

So, even though my main sport has been surfing lately, I think there will be some time when I'd love to be diving.  

Got all my gear here, just need the right time, place and people to go!

Hope to see you around!

Hey JF. You said you went with Ty (Tyler) as in Hamilton Kaplan?

The visibility at Shitiping has been poor for weeks now. I haven't even bothered. If it clears up soon we can plan to go and I'll show you around the good locations.

We have a dive trip planned for the Moon Day holiday weekend. We will go with a group of divers to Green Island. I would invite you to come, however all the accommodations have been booked already.

Let me know how I can contact you and we can plan a weekend of diving. My dive buddy Chad Yantzi has moved to Taitung and I'm looking for someone in Hualien to dive with. Since you have your own gear, it's merely 200nt per tank of air and gas money. Cant beat that. Smile

22 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:09 pm

perceval

Yep, same Ty! Smile

Visibility has been poor this summer because, surprisingly we've had waves all summer long... It's usually dead flat in August.
As a surfer, I'm loving it, but I know that for a diver, not exactly the right conditions to enjoy.

I'll send you a message with my info.

23 Re: New Members Introducion Thread on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Joe

Admin
Admin
perceval wrote:Yep, same Ty!  Smile

Visibility has been poor this summer because, surprisingly we've had waves all summer long... It's usually dead flat in August.
As a surfer, I'm loving it, but I know that for a diver, not exactly the right conditions to enjoy.

I'll send you a message with my info.

Cool. I'll contact you as soon as I have your info..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum